Monday, November 24, 2008

mosaic monday

speaking of cold weather and holiday decorating...

saturday I paid a visit to one of my favorite little local shops, portobello road. going there is like going to visit a friend. a friend with a flair for beauty and decor. after a short drive out of the city, past cow pastures and stunning views of the blue ridge mountains, I arrive at the tiny vintage house. the shop's proprietor, jackie, has a natural talent for selection and display (I know this when I enter a store and want to buy, buy, buy every single thing).

portobello road is currently decorated and selling beauty for the holidays. the shop houses a fantastic mix of new decor, gifts, jewelry and vintage clothing and furniture. my favorite room is in the back: sunlit with white, silver and pastel trinkets and a wall of vintage lingerie.