Monday, January 12, 2009

blue monday

lovely leya at curious bird has declared this color week. and what a perfect week to focus our eyes on the color around us, when everything seems muted and grey. I did color week last spring and I love how focusing on capturing one color a day allows us to realize how much color is around us and the beauty and use of one particular color. play along! leya asked to respond to her by last friday to be "official", but we can be the unofficial color week ambassadors. I don't think she'll mind.

I pulled the shot above from my archives and it reminds me of a perfect summer day. it's also found its way into my shop. here is more blue:

proud to be a native california girl.



this brave soul went for really bright turquoise paint. bravo!



I don't know what this is but I like it and the sky is super-blue. it looks like a giant coatrack.




and finally, after all that mulling through fabric choices for the chairs, I'm going with these modern organic dots (this is the swatch over the chair). all of the paisleys I liked were way out of my price range (as my friend krista asked, "can you ever be $2000.00 in love with fabric?"). I'm very happy with the choice and can't wait to see the finished product. and thank you all for your help narrowing the search.

here is the color week schedule:

monday: blue

tuesday: purple

wednesday: yellow

thursday: pink

friday: stripes or plaid (any colors)

dust off your cameras and be happy to photograph anything not related to christmas!


happy color week everyone.