Sunday, January 4, 2009

light at the end of the week

my thoughts and goals are liberally sprinkled with this concept of things just magically happening. I am wondering why I resort to its use instead of thinking about and articulating the concrete meaning behind it. well, it's a shortcut for sure and loads more poetic.

instead of wishing to be happier and healthier and hoping that the process will come naturally and take almost no discipline, I really need to focus on the actions (big and small) that I take every moment. that's where the magic happens.

if I redefine the magical thinking that I engage in on a regular basis as its accurate meaning -- imagination -- will I pay more attention to creative ideas nestled in there? if I see it for what it is, will something spark me to artistic action?

either way, the magic is up to me.

*****

last week: focus and moderate commitment.
this week: making a vision board, inspired by this lovely one. care to join in? I'll show you mine if you show me yours. next sunday, perhaps?