Monday, May 18, 2009

it's blue monday!

goodness, I've been spotting and loving a lot of blues these last few months, so I knew monday would not be a challenge (purple, I'm out for you!). folky metal stars aren't really my thing, but I absolutely love them on this painted blue wall at my favorite garden store.

apparently, blue pots are very popular, as this guy was left all alone in a field of terracotta.

blue on blue...how does that song go?

early blue girls at the farm market. everything seems early this year: peonies...blueberries....maybe I'm just late.

there's a reason they call them the blue ridge mountains. here's the view from the little town of bedford, virginia...just down the road from where I live. we spent saturday afternoon there browsing antique shops and eating a so-very-southern lunch of fried green tomatoes and sweet tea. gorgeous.

happy blue monday friends!
{for more color, see the color week sidebar and explore to your heart's desire.}