"i'd rather learn from one bird how to sing
than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance."
i'm a lifelong learner. how about you?
i'm currently learning:
- how to be a yoga teacher (currently working on my 500-hr teaching certification and it's gloriously intense)
- how to hold space and build resilience for humans affected by trauma (by this time next week, i'll be fully certified to teach trauma-informed yoga)
- how to house-train our newest canine love, kiki, with extra patience and love. we adopted her and she has an unknown history, but we are suspecting some abuse or neglect history as she is super smart but is inexplicably resistant to peeing outside and chews power cords and she startles, cowers and hides when we try to address it.
- how to navigate the differences between co-creation, collaboration and competition in my community, while maintaining authentic connection.
- how to build a geo-dome.
- how to refinish wood floors.
- how to read tarot cards (i've been intuitively reading them for years, but now i'm getting some official training).
- how to build resilience in communities within a context of collaboration rather than using and/or falling into the trap of the savior/hero model.
- how to let go and move on with grace and good will.