how is summer going?
you know those days when the little things light you up, when you just can't believe how lucky you are, even when there are not-so-great things happening too?
here's why (in no particular order):
- i get to paint. in my home. in my yard. downtown. the mountains.
- my yoga teachers who, without saying a word, make me believe i will soon press up into a headstand or balance my body on my arms. who make me believe i am capable.
- this smart and handsome and loving man i share life with.
- my buddha dogs.
- my baby girl. she breathes fire.
- it's almost autumn.
- a growing community of authentic in-person friends.
- the job that supports all the artmaking and colorful living, that i love too much to continue to refer to as my "day job".
- sometimes people ask me to draw and paint for them.
- there is a bunny living in our front yard.
- which kind of tells me the snake has moved on to another habitat.
- my news hiatus is now permanent. never felt better or more intelligently informed.
- rainbow-stripe sneakers.
- music makers.
some days i'm all, how did this happen?
most days i'm all, oh yeah, you worked really hard on creating a life you love.
what is lighting you up these days?