maybe I just needed to be angry at something much bigger than myself. that way I could feel like the underdog, the little guy, the wee scrapper who no one expected to fight the fight and win.
this morning I woke up remarkably sulk-free. it lifted, whatever it was. so today on this snowy sunny sunday, I will:
- kiss my husband first thing when he wakes and thank him for so aptly tending to her royal highness of bitchiness and sullenness.
- drink lots of hot tea that fills my nose with the scent of roses.
- play in the snow.
- purchase a pair of sandals, because I'm done with winter and want to look forward. maybe I will wear them around the house for the next few months and pretend.
- have an afternoon date with andie and duckie and iona and the psychedelic furs.
- for dinner: chicken with picholine olives and pine nuts.
- be grateful for a beautiful life.