mid-january brings on a whole new appreciation of summer for me. summer is not my favorite season, but when I am furthest away from it, I long for lush green lawns, afternoon thunderstorms and being able to sit outside on clear starry nights. that being said, I am making an effort to exist and experience where and when I am at the moment.
- your skies rival summer's with crispness and clarity.
- your sun makes more of an impact with its warmth on 22 degree days.
- your trees form sculptural and linear design in the backyard.
- the space you create...bare spots and empty pots...inspire me to think of new ways to make my garden even more colorful this year.
- you are beautifully silent.