chopped salads are my favorite.
i love that you can take random ingredients and cut them up into tiny pieces and create colorful and healthy goodness.
this salad is a pantry salad and uses what you probably already have in your pantry or fridge. i make pantry salads all the time; i love the improvisational feel to them. there is really no exact recipe here, just a variety of good stuff mixed until happy.
- artichoke hearts, chopped. i use frozen hearts, but you can also used canned, just rinse very well before chopping because they have that weird salty can taste. you can also use marinated if that's what you have, but rinse first.
- olives, pitted and chopped. i had a mix of marinated olives from the olive bar at whole foods that needed to be eaten. in they went.
- roasted tomatoes, chopped.
- pepitas, toasted (a handful or two)
- tons of herbs. use whatever you have. i still had end-of-summer basil, parsley, rosemary, oregano, lavender and thyme from the kitchen balcony.
- season with sea salt and course black pepper.
- olive oil and balsamic or lemon as needed to taste (because my olives were marinated, i did not need to add any type of dressing)
this one is topped with the most glorious grilled salmon. see the table? mr. parks made that with his own hands for under our pergola. more photos of that goodness coming soon.