yay! i'm a third of the way through my bikram yoga 30-day challenge. so far, so good. i'm learning a lot about yoga, my body, my tolerance level, my monkey mind and the food i put into my body.
on the down side (and when i say "down side", i mean "totally learning to tolerate"):
- tall people: just because you don't fit on your yoga mat does not mean i have to make myself smaller to accommodate you in the room.
- humidity: you are my new nemesis. i am a california girl. we don't believe in humidity.
- rules: i never realized how much i adored you until i packed myself into a steaming hot room where a lot of the occupants disregard basic etiquette (talking above a whisper, flinging their sweat on me, putting their not-so-fresh feet on my mat, five used kleenex that blow into my space when the fans come on, etc. etc. etc.). perhaps a large "class rules" poster like in third grade would do? or a quick check online for bikram yoga etiquette, like on this site.
- bread: hello lover. i've missed you. who knew i really needed you after all?
- back muscles: so much lovlier than back fat.
- feet: i really appreciate you. thank you for holding me up and helping me balance. your kind doesn't get enough love in the world.
- coconut water: thank you for doing double duty because i really don't like plain water and i'm bored with spending half my life peeing.