rainy cold days in winter bring on intense bouts of summer roadtrip planning. i can feel the wind in my face, my bare feet warming on the dash and the sharp freeze of a blue icee on my tongue. i can hear the clatter of a diner full of strangers as i await my pancakes. i love a roadtrip and it's been much too long.
some random things i've seen on roadtrips:
- a pig/boar/creature roadkill the size of a vw beetle in georgia
- wall drug
- when we drove across the country, our trip agenda accidentally fell in sync with a cross-country tour of the promise keepers. it prepared us for life in lynchburg. all the public praying and carrying on.
- spontaneous roadside shakespeare
- foot tall banana cream pie
- stunning scenery. we live in an amazing land.