happy thanksgiving friends.
i am so grateful for each of you.
i am grateful for this space to write it out and capture moments and cultivate a life of awareness.
also, so thankful for these things:
- my insatiable need for color
- the buddha on the thanksgiving table
- we've named him honey buddha
- as in "honey buddha don't care that there is no turkey"
- honey buddha also doesn't judge that there is lasagna and mashed potatoes
- thankful for meg worden and the work we did earlier this year
- and that i totally forgot to get the family-sized package of squishy rolls
- that's right, forgot, as in completely slipped my mind!
- because that job that made me want to stuff squishy rolls in my mouth is no longer mine to bear
- and other squishy roll needs are being met in more appropriate ways
- grateful that this list does not have to be serious
- because we do not have one single truly serious need
- so i will end it here
- and say a blessing for children living in fear and poverty and anger
- honey buddha cares about that
- and so do i