moments of grace this week:
- this wee patch of wildflowers at sunset, its beauty magnified by the fact that it is bordered by a busy highway to the east, a no-nonsense holiday inn to the south, applebee's to the north, a large government complex to the west. it quietly stood its ground and whispered, "i'm still magnificent nature, even here in this bland chaos. p.s. you too."
- my meditation practice that saved me on a whirlwind tour of the state working closely with the most extroverted and energetic person i know.
- a mama raccoon and her two wee babes in a hollow tree behind the house.
- homemade aqua de horchata over shaved ice in a newly-discovered hole-in-the-wall mexican joint in the middle of nowhere.
- checking out the class schedule on the front window of a yoga studio, glancing inside to see a class in progress and a mother doing mommy-and-me yoga with two brand new babies, one lovingly held in each hand.
- participating in two amazing yoga teacher trainings at the same time, one for yoga inclusivity and the other to teach trauma-informed yoga to youth in high-risk or marginalized settings.
- reading poetry, perched on the edge of the blue ridge mountains.
- receiving sas' my mindful year email for may. this month's focus is cultivating mindful friendships. these words: "telling myself the truth is the foundation for every connection in my life." (you can sign up to receive the monthly emails here.)
- creating six little motivational notes for a fifth-grader as she breezes through her end-of-year tests this week.
what were your moments?