welcome to christmas at gypsy hill
- lady bird
- a lifetime of christmases as i open each box of the vintage ornaments.
- swooshing through piles of raked leaves.
- the tiny bells on the handmade wreath when the front door opens.
- thank you, turkey, for thanksgiving dinner, leftovers for days, and four quarts of medicinal bone broth.
- i ate a mashed potato sandwich on friday (leftover potatoes on a squishy roll). and it was amazing.
- putting things away.
- giving things away.
- throwing things away.
- december on my skin, as the boughs of pine and spruce and juniper are cut and tied together.
- gratitude runs deeper than a list when you value the dark, the light, the mistakes, the triumphs, the loss, and the love.
- translating the qualities of presence for an upcoming class i'm teaching, noticing the nuances of what it means to be attuned to now.