my two new companions are not especially pretty or colorful, but am I head over heels in love with both of them. I tend to resist technological devises. they all seem so contrived and plastic and masculine. but I find these two indispensable. the garmin nuvi 750 gently guides me to travel and shopping destinations alike (although she tends to sound a tad indignant when she has to "recalculate"). and I just can't say enough about the i-robot vacuum. it was a concession to ken, who wanted a "real" robot from hammacher schlemmer. he (the i-robot, not ken) is set loose in the house while I'm getting ready in the morning. he happily sweeps up dust and debris, thereby freeing me from daily sweeping.Sunday, May 4, 2008
function over beauty
my two new companions are not especially pretty or colorful, but am I head over heels in love with both of them. I tend to resist technological devises. they all seem so contrived and plastic and masculine. but I find these two indispensable. the garmin nuvi 750 gently guides me to travel and shopping destinations alike (although she tends to sound a tad indignant when she has to "recalculate"). and I just can't say enough about the i-robot vacuum. it was a concession to ken, who wanted a "real" robot from hammacher schlemmer. he (the i-robot, not ken) is set loose in the house while I'm getting ready in the morning. he happily sweeps up dust and debris, thereby freeing me from daily sweeping.