him: nyc, portland, london, edinburgh, barcelona, florence.
me: crack houses and double-wides just south of nowhere, surrounded by barbed wire with a rebel flag every 10 feet or so and guarded by malnourished (and therefore hungry and angry) pit bulls.
well, I actually get to go to some nice homes too, but I'm trying to make a point.
anyway, as much as I love being with him, I really like alone time too.
here are some things I'm enjoying that I wouldn't normally do:
- dinner monday night: popcorn
- dinner tuesday night: pancakes
- dinner tonight? hmm...popcorn or pancakes?
- gossip girl
- armloads of honeysuckle from the yard in vases throughout the house
- drinking the entire pot of coffee (which leads to #7)
- dancing in the living room with wild abandon and no apprehension about mortification should someone come home early and catch me mid-groove.
- in between days, the cure
- under the milky way, the church
- blister in the sun, violent femmes
- come dancing, the kinks
- blue monday, new order
- give it away, red hot chili peppers
- strange love, depeche mode
- discotheque, u2
- never say never, romeo void
- lips like sugar, echo & the bunnymen
yes, ten songs is all I can manage. so not nineteen anymore.