Friday, October 10, 2008

four by four


curious girl was tagged by lovely chris at reverie. I'm a wee bit late...but you know, I was busy taking photos of really, really important things. like chandeliers. I'm tempted to try to write something that connects the post to the photo...like "shining the light on me".

no?

no.

the photo has nothing to do with the post.

here goes.


4 things I did today:

  1. the pumpkin muffins are back at starbucks…I resisted temptation.

  2. tackled a huge pile of fall catalogs and ripped out pages and pages of things I want (I post them on my board and, as the days go by, tend not to want them as much…this is a tactic my husband taught me to curb my crazy-ass spending).

  3. worked on a project that I’m very excited about (but can’t share just yet).

  4. roxy, meet the furminator.

4 things on my to-do list:

  1. pick my own apples (maybe this weekend) and make homemade applesauce.

  2. I’m taking a cooking class this sunday…finally learning to make eggs benedict.

  3. see the greek play at randolph college’s beautiful outdoor theatre.

  4. purchase tickets online for the atlanta zoo and georgia aquarium for next weekend. word on the street is that there is a carousel at the zoo featuring endangered animals. no giant chickens, but there must be some giant endangered bird I can hitch a ride on.

4 of my guiltiest pleasures:

  1. handbags. always on the lookout for the perfect oversized paisley print tote.

  2. ridiculously priced (but effective) skin care products

  3. gossip girl

  4. steak au poive et frites

4 random facts about me:

  1. I always thought I would be an unconventional artsy hippy chick when I grew up. as it turns out, I’m fairly mainstream. however, I live in a small southern town and I’m from california, so most think I’m like this total west coast bohemian. and I like that.

  2. I once went through a phase when I decoupaged everything I could get my hands on…even the phone.

  3. I am a very, very impatient driver. complete with temper tantrums. this is not good when you live in a town where people routinely cruise along at 5 miles under the speed limit. I’m serious.

  4. I daydream about running a montessori-type school focusing on creativity and being a good citizen of the world (well, not the driving world).