Wednesday, November 2, 2011

{faith}


i am fascinated by how people express their faith.  while some organized religions scare the bejesus out of me, i find comfort in most avenues of worship and enlightenment. 

regular churchgoing is not for me and i live in a town where christianity has its own "special" flavor that turns me off, but i grew up believing in jesus and heaven and there is a part of me that still does.  yesterday, i was attending a memorial in an episcopalian chapel and surprised myself by still being able to recite psalm 23 by heart. 

now i believe in and have faith in other things as well.  it's pretty much a multi-denominational party on my path.  i love the teachings of the buddha, native american spiritual practices and the yoga sutras.  but there will always be a little girl inside of me that sees herself as a fluffy lamb at the feet of a loving jesus. 

i am grateful that i have faith in love and tomorrow and forgiveness and growth.