it's been a little over a year since i left a job that was very important to me. i grieved more than i thought i would. but it remains one of the best decisions i've ever made.
it's been a little over a year without:
- being angry at another person
- trying desperately to figure out the game everyone but me seemed to know how to play
- being asked on a regular basis to "redefine" my integrity
- playing dumb so as not to offend anyone
- living in fear that this was all there was
- trying to make something fit that just did not fit (i.e. me)
i am so grateful to live in a nation where there are opportunities to risk, to grow, to make changes. i am grateful to now work with creative, authentic people who see the world pretty much the same way that i do and embrace our differences as interesting sparks that make life beautiful.
happy independence day.