- a thousand red silk lanterns blowing in the westerly wind
- california sunsets. i miss them.
- the giant full moon over the city
- an entire city decorated with rainbows
- the clank and bells of the trolleys
- barking sea lions at pier 39
- packed in tight on the 8x through chinatown
- the weird silence of a suddenly empty trolley
- apricot and fig samples at the ferry building farmers market
- even with all the foodie options the city offers, i must have clam chowder in a boudin sourdough bowl and an anchor steam at least once per visit
- chrysamthemum and red rose tea
- the perfection of the carne asada taco with avocado at la taqueria in the mission
- the zuni burger. sweet jesus on market st. the zuni burger.
- roasting duck and brewing tea
- salted air
- it may be my imagination, but i think coffee smells even better while sitting on a park bench at the edge of the city in the cold wind waiting for the sunset
- the cold pacific rushing in to say hello, welcome back
- mia (all 104 lbs of her) instinctively putting a protective arm through mine and confidently navigating me through a dodgy section of sidewalk in the tenderloin. it was total role reversal. in a good way.
happy weekend friends. more san francisco memories to come. there are many.