Sunday, January 30, 2011

ninety days


until may day.  that's a long time.

i'm dreaming of backyard parties, fireflies, sundresses, blackberries, picnics and the softness of new grass under my bare feet.

i don't know what's got into me this year, but i'm really struggling with winter.  there doesn't seem to be a break in the cold, hard brown-ness of it all.  i must get myself in a better place in this space called now.  i must start loving winter every day she shows herself.

here is what i love about winter today:  indoor craftiness.  (true, craftiness can be had any day of the year, but it flows more naturally when the sunshine isn't calling my name.)

i'm stockpiling more good things about winter to get me through the next few months:
  • grilled cheese sandwiches
  • slippers
  • chai tea lattes
  • heated car seats
  • seeing my breath
  • crystal clear night skies
  • fingerless gloves
  • going to bed at 8:30pm
  • dreaming about summer
  • hot and sour soup
  • vacation planning
  • cashmere socks
  • january clearance sales
  • vicks vapo-rub
  • no lawn mowing
  • nesting
what do you love about winter?