mostly, i do not have to challenge myself to be kind to those lovely souls who walk with me and by me on this path. but there are a few areas where kindness escapes me and my reaction to some people can be quite harsh. this year, i really want to work on this. and this resolution is totally selfish. i am not yet so enlightened to genuinely believe that these folks deserve kindness (maybe sometime in my life...), i just do not like the way i feel about myself after i snap someone's head off with sarcasm or employ a devasting stink-eye.
here's where i'm especially challenged (and i fear by putting this out here, i'm inviting loads of new opportunities to practice!):
- people who "kill with kindness". wow, this segment has developed a whole new meaning since living in the south. this special strain of passive-aggression is woven into the culture.
- people who can't just put it out there and talk around the issue. say it already.
- people who talk on their cell phones while driving.
- also, people who drive huge vehicles and attempt to park in regular parking spaces.
- people who play dumb.
- people who should know better.
- people who have no concept of personal space.
- people who are chronically late.
- people who are helpless and refuse to find the answers for themselves.