"abundance beckons as a state of mind, beginning with gratitude for what you already have and followed by a vision of what you want to create in your life."
~gail mcmeekin, 12 secrets of highly creative women
I have to hand it to gail on this chapter. I had lost a bit of enthusiasm for the book after secret #5 and she really didn't capture my interest again until this week's secret (#10): living in abundance with positive priorities. kismetically* speaking, it appeared at a time when I needed a sort of realignment in my perspective.
in lisa's sparkly basket of plenty:
- not one, but two great jobs.
- down time
- a healthy body that wants to be more so
- a camera that sees the world like I do
- a husband that gushes over every single thing I create (even the ugly bits!)
- true friends, near and far**
- scissors, glue and lots of magazines to make:
- a garden
- an endless supply of wanderlust
- an endless supply of wonder, questions, curiosity, imagination
- good handwriting
- three dogs that fight over who gets to lick my tears
- and so much more goodness and light that I know better to be stuck in a funk longer than one day
what's in your sparkly basket of plenty?
*I made this word up. I kinda like it.
**this means you.