Friday, June 19, 2009

five senses friday

{see}

holding a dragonfly with a wounded wing, exhausted from his efforts to fly. he died shortly after this photo was shot. his death is a reminder of how life's beauty is brief and fleeting. see it. experience it and love it while you can.

{taste}

peaches and organic locally-raised free-range chicken on the grill. oh my god, what have I been eating all these years that was called "chicken"?!

{hear}

lots and lots of ideas.

lots and lots of encouragement. (thank you dear friends!)

{smell}

the intoxicating scent of my backyard first thing in the morning and late in the evening. the humidity steams up the yard and the heat releases the scent of the jasmine, gardenia, honeysuckle, heliotrope, mint and an unknown vanilla-y bush that is really ugly but smells really pretty. the scents are almost overwhelming. almost.

{touch}

even after thirteen years together, when he puts his arms around me at the end of the day, my knees get wobbly and I melt a little bit into his body. I love that.

happy weekend friends!