Sunday, July 20, 2008

step in to saturday

this is the quiet, sunlight-filled space where I danced Nia for the first time in years. don't let the stillness fool you. minutes after this shot, the room was alive with happy, vibrant, energetic (and sweaty) Nia dancers.

the farmer's market in charlottesville offered so much color and goodness. I came away with eggplant, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and tons of perfect peaches.

taking a different route on the walking mall, I happened upon this lovely, lovely jewel of a shop. Oh Suzannah is in the process of moving to another location and I can't wait to visit when they're all set up. it is truly the perfect collection of offbeat, colorful, fun, spirited goodies. there was not one item in this store that I would not purchase with delight. I have no doubt this one will be a regular stop for me.

thank you charlottesville, for being such an awesome neighbor!