Monday, August 10, 2009

signs, messages, telegraphs from the universe

remember when I told you that in the midst of my weird funk, I started to see very clear unmistakable signs about direction? saturday's yes, yes, YES signs were one, here is another.

I impulsively purchased this book because it has a graphic multicolor spine and I thought it would look good on the bookcase (I know, I know, but that's just me...). seduced by its rainbow stripey goodness, I didn't even open it or read the back in the bookstore; just bought it.

some days ago, during what I affectionately call the "awakening", when I was desperate to purge all traces of twilight #4 from my psyche, I grabbed it and flipped open the cover.

oh god how I love a mandate.

10 comments:

Dorkys Ramos said...

Isn't it wonderful when you actually the signs around you?

Great message to fall into :)

kendalee said...

Oh how I love a girl who buys a book because its colourful spine is going to look fabulous on the bookshelf!

Claire said...

and i just love the fact that you are open to hearing, learning, seeing and moving in a new direction...

Tabmade said...

*Plays Twilight Zone music* X9

pen* said...

now, if that isn't a sign ;)

have to say the actual book looks pretty good too! i used to LOVE those choose your own adventure books! let me know if you recommend this one!

Heidi said...

I'm with Kenda. I love that you would buy the book for its cover!

Here's to positive signs and messages! I love when that happens.

hellosweetworld said...

I look at signs around me too sometimes. It's funny how it can just pop up and tell ya something. Enjoy the book!

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Oh I always buy the book by the cover! And color is what draws me in... Love your purchasing criteria!

alteredstatesstudio said...

sometimes you can ignore the little whispers, but, it's hard to ignore being hit on the head- that is almost too much! fabulous!

Freshly Found said...

Buying the book for it's colourful spine - a very good idea. The fact that it has also turned out to be a good book - a bonus!