Monday, August 31, 2009

mosaic monday

number 21 on my list will likely not be accomplished this year. I didn't realize how difficult it would be to sit somewhere and gaze at the milky way. however, it will remain on the list until I'm able to check it off proper.

one of my favorite summer memories is a night hike in the mountains north of los angeles. my group reached the top of a peak and we were surrounded by stars so bright they cast shadows. we naturally and quietly separated because it just seemed this was an experience to behold as a solitary being. I laid down on a bed of pine needles and stared into heaven for what seemed like hours. it truly was one of the grandest moments of my life. I'd like to repeat it someday.

in the meantime, I am grateful to these flickr stargazers for capturing that magic.

happy monday friends.