Sunday, March 16, 2008

lovely weekend



I spent a simple weekend at home and it was just lovely! Here's what I did:

  1. Set out on foot with my camera. The light was so pure and I discovered yet another historic neighborhood in Lynchburg (hence the cobblestone under my feet).
  2. Saw multitudes of daffodils, tulips, forsythia and this lovely budding bush (is it quince?).
  3. Discovered a great new place to shop (see previous post).
  4. Made sunday morning pancakes.
  5. Saw a movie with the initial intent of merely continuing the James McAvoy Filmfest (my husband is so understanding!), but was pleasantly surprised by a brilliantly fantastical modern-day fairy tale. See Penelope! I'm inspired to make that patchwork armoire and wear turquoise maryjanes. And James is fantastic, of course.
  6. Planted my window box with yellow pansies.