Sunday, March 9, 2008

spring ahead


It's not officially spring yet, but I'm excited about the possibilities of a new season. I love beginnings: mondays, back-to-school, new years day. Everything is fresh and clean and waiting for the story to unfold. I wonder what will transpire, what I can make happen and what will surprise me. I want to learn something new, make something new, start something new.


I'm focusing on positive possibilities here. Yesterday, something happened that took me off guard. I've never been one to obsess about getting old. I look pretty young for 43, my skin is good and I have some fun youthful energy. A clerk at the drugstore tried to give me a coupon for a baby product. I told her I don't have any kids at home and she said, "Do you have grandbabies?" Grandbabies?! WTF?! Now, I know it is possible for a 43 year old to have grandchildren, and I was sans makeup and wearing sweats, but puh-leeze! I actually got a little depressed. Now I'm just mad and searching for that "You: Staying Young" book I bought last year and never read. I'm hoping that her little insult will serve to focus me to putting in more effort to be the best I can be. I need to get back to yoga, get back to art, cultivate more friendships. Be more like myself.