Friday, October 9, 2009

desire

oh how I love menu item #3 on the joy diet: desire. I have zero challenge with thinking about things I desire. restraint and selflessness are really not a part of my make-up, so I spend a lot of time thinking about what I want, be it material, spiritual, emotional or who I want to be. I could happily pine away for hours stacking up want after need after lust after goal after wish. an expert dreamer, that's me.

where I struggle is organizing desires; parsing them out to determine which are pure fantasy, which are silly and which are within my reach. I will not indulge the superlong list here. this chapter of the next chapter book club was very timely in that it coincided with week one of mondo beyondo for me.

I do have one desire to share here now: I desire for this space to be a place of color, connection and camaraderie.

I'm glad you're here. I ♥ you guys!