- throwing temper tantrums because "everything" is broken (really, it is just my printer, but I had to be dramatic).
- thinking about cleaning, but not doing it.
- making the decision that because nothing is pleasant, I "might as well do work".
- going to the supermarket on the saturday before easter. why is everyone so freakin' happy and chatty and IN MY WAY?
things that pull you out of a funk
- beautiful words and images from friends and blogs and especially this one (she has a gift for knowing just the right words, that one).
- a five-hour long nap (I think I've mistaken actual exhaustion for a funk).
- a carload of red and purple azaleas.
- homemade pizza.
- cleaning with dr. bronner's peppermint soap.
p.s. I didn't post it yesterday but we saw david sedaris on friday night. if you get the opportunity, go see him, it's a great time. he reads his stories like only he can do. see, I was in such a down mood yesterday, that I almost forgot about this!