tomorrow is april ~ cherry blossoms ~ paisley sundresses ~ daffodil-covered hills ~ dog kisses ~ dreaming about running fast in soft grass ~ the no. 1 ladies' detective agency ~ ripe avocados ~ iphone gratitude journal ~ etc. etc. etc.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
actually, he talks a lot about the acceptance of imperfection. and how I find this concept so challenging. he is forever reminding me to be more accepting of flaws, mistakes, missteps...in myself and others. I agree with him that mistakes are necessary learning tools in the progression toward enlightenment. the operative word being learning. I am grateful for most of the mistakes I've made in my life and what they have taught me. I put a lot of effort into not repeating them.
but what of those who make repeated mistakes (and I'm not talking forgot-to-pay-the-phone-bill mistakes here)? you know those people who never seem to learn and who expect forgiveness because somehow they think they have this universal get out of jail free card? or those who play stupid and we all are all embarrassed for them as they walk away secretly smiling because they caused some havoc and got their way? or what of those with personal agendas, malicious intent or just plain mean spirits? it's so easy for people to mask these things behind, "oops, I made a mistake." they throw their hands up in the air and act all confused as the rest of us clean up the mess.
Monday, March 23, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
and we still have one entire day left to do more of the same.
Friday, March 20, 2009
I ♥ holi.
happy spring curious ones.
see flickr creds here.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
"abundance beckons as a state of mind, beginning with gratitude for what you already have and followed by a vision of what you want to create in your life."
~gail mcmeekin, 12 secrets of highly creative women
I have to hand it to gail on this chapter. I had lost a bit of enthusiasm for the book after secret #5 and she really didn't capture my interest again until this week's secret (#10): living in abundance with positive priorities. kismetically* speaking, it appeared at a time when I needed a sort of realignment in my perspective.
in lisa's sparkly basket of plenty:
- not one, but two great jobs.
- down time
- a healthy body that wants to be more so
- a camera that sees the world like I do
- a husband that gushes over every single thing I create (even the ugly bits!)
- true friends, near and far**
- scissors, glue and lots of magazines to make:
- a garden
- an endless supply of wanderlust
- an endless supply of wonder, questions, curiosity, imagination
- good handwriting
- three dogs that fight over who gets to lick my tears
- and so much more goodness and light that I know better to be stuck in a funk longer than one day
what's in your sparkly basket of plenty?
*I made this word up. I kinda like it.
**this means you.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
yesterday I dove a bit too deep into painful memories for unravelling despite the gentle warnings from our guide to take it slow and easy. so now I'm all restless and jumping out of my skin. I long to get out into sunshine and brightness. but all that's out there is that slow uncommitted lackluster lazy rain.
I reread my post from yesterday to remind myself of my position that I was okay spending time with some of these assignments. it seemed so much more natural and happy yesterday. I think the rain is telling me that there is no better place for me to be right now. there isn't a stronger alternative pulling me away from these things that are dark and heavy and impatient from the years I have successfully avoided looking at them.
the sunshine will arrive soon. it always does. sunshine is like that: dependable, committed, smart enough to know when to take a break so a certain girl can resolve a few things.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
we're halfway through and I'm intrigued by my tendency to represent the positive in photos and save the dark bits for my writing. I also must say that I feel a shift in myself that is good and solid and true. and contrary to my regular speedy style, I feel the need to sit here a while and soak it all up. I want to say to you, if you are not currently unravelling, please visit susannah and explore the possibilities.
if you'd like, you can see my evolving flickr set for the group here.
Friday, March 13, 2009
the weekend is looking awfully bright in comparison.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
bitten by the enthusiasm bug, I am diving in to old project lists that are too mundane to list here. I'm also realizing that I better get a move-on on that list of mine. in the next few weeks, I plan to happily check off numbers 3, 4, 8 (!), 24 & 33 (these go together) and 43.
what's not to love about fragrant blooms, waterfalls, babies and inspiration? I heart spring.
what's on your spring list?
Monday, March 9, 2009
Sunday, March 8, 2009
sun, warmth, sprouts, buds all urge me to do the same as them: grow.
Friday, March 6, 2009
glimpses of perfection this week:
- u2's new album. bono acknowledges what I've known all along: 'I was born to sing for you.'
- lauren hutton looking like she's freakin' 30 in the pages of jcrew. my new beauty role model.
- reese's peanut butter eggs.
- gold sandals, daffodils and 70 degree weather make their appearance this weekend.
- two tickets to see david sedaris.
- early daylight savings time.
- mister's out of town=no theatre hours=lisa gets a full night of sleep.
beautiful fridays to you all. xo
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
- bijoux. more poetic than 'jewelry', it captures the essence of adornment.
- begin. so much promise, so much energy, so much yet to unfold.
- bangers and birds. quirky british slang that transforms sausages and girls into absolute sauciness. bob's your uncle.
- buddha. just because.
- bicicleta. it's fun to say. go on, try it.
- basquiat. as in jean-michel.
- barista. my favorite person in the morning.
- barcelona. I love it when the name totally fits the destination.
- bohemian. freedom, creativity, acceptance, growth, possibility, funkiness.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Monday, March 2, 2009
and thank you mother nature, for eight glorious inches of the fluffy white stuff. on a monday! you know how to do a girl right.