Sunday, December 28, 2008

light at the end of the week

this week and in the weeks to come am paying attention to being light and clean.

this is on its way; has anyone attempted/completed it? apparently, there are entire flickr groups dedicated to it. I hope apartment therapy does a weekly cure post in 2009. I need all the help I can get.

we are installing these this year. one beautiful thing about our home is that it is surrounded by centuries-old trees. the downside to having centuries-old trees is that mr. sun has some difficulty reaching inside. the top of the house is the only place sunlight can stream in uninterrupted, so we're going to take advantage of that.

am having a strong desire to go with these (and am drawn to an oval shape, which I'm not seeing here). currently I have an eclectic blend of dinnerware that represent different chapters of my life: mexican talavera, vintage bauer, rainbow stripes, harlequin, apple green. I do love my assorted plates, bowls and cups, but am drawn lately to the clean and pure. I will pack them away. in a few years, I will want them and it will be like opening a present of rainbow history.

******
meet my new years baby; a sister blog to curious girl. the intention is to post regularly about my (seemingly) never ending journey to being healthy in body, mind and spirit. I hope it will keep me focused and committed to health in much the same way that curious girl has kept my focus on life, color and creativity.