earlier this week, I was tagged by the lovely cheryl at cottage farm villa to post six random things about me. random, indeed:
- I am totally addicted to iron chef america and the amazing race; two of the most anxiety-inducing shows on television. way to relax, curious girl.
- I once seriously considered (and trained for) a career in fashion design.
- I can be pretty ruthless when I need to be. I give people a lot of room for mistakes and am understanding of limitations and setbacks, but when that line is crossed, it’s over. ruthlessly over.
- I have very weird, lucid and recurring dreams. here are a few regulars (and I am fascinated with dream analysis, so have a go):
*there is a typewriter at the bottom of the “screen” typing out the “script” like closed-captioned television.
*the little man (1” tall) is sometimes in my mouth getting noshed around while I talk away; sometimes he quietly rides on my shoulder throughout the dream; other times he is a featured player in a story, often someone who I am assigned to protect.
*I drive a luge/soapbox derby-type vehicle on the los angeles freeway. it is basically a wood plank with wheels and steering is clumsily accomplished by a rope. there are no brakes. sometimes I am naked. sometimes the little man rides with me. (I look forward to the incorporation of the poncho made of stars here; I think it would look fabulous on me while I drive my scary luge.) *I live in the deserted montgomery wards department store of my childhood. there is no electricity and I often sit on the quiet escalators and ponder life.
- I am so annoyed by the telephone. the ring hurts my ears and I don’t like the way voices sound on it. the feel of it in my hand is awkward and it’s gross how it gets all germy. even if I don’t answer, it bothers me that anyone can enter my space at any time. I am confused by the whole 24/7 cellphone-text connection; especially when I see two friends spending time together and one of them is on the phone with someone else. really, do we need to be this connected (or disconnected?) all the time?
- I learned a complete hula to “mele kalikimaka” in the sixth grade for an international christmas program and can perform it on demand to this day.
I am the worst tagger ever. I can't seem to follow the rules and want to tag everyone. so, there it is, you are tagged. I want to know six random things about you.