Monday, January 19, 2009

inspired


read this short little article written 12 years ago about a young couple from chicago.

it's no wonder I love them. they are like us. (and not in the "I got drunk in college just like you" way.) they have the same american spirit that I have; the same ideas and hopes about family and love. this is the first time in my life I have felt any kind of connection to my president. it's monumental to me.


I found this article via karen aka momma zen. as usual, she helps us think a little deeper about the concepts of relationship that appear in the article.
*****
I hope you all enjoy the holiday today (in the u.s.) and take some time to reflect on the words and hopes of dr. king (and how very relevant they are today).

tomorrow is curious girl's 1st birthday. as a huge thank you, I'm planning a little giveaway. see you then.