Friday, November 21, 2008

happy friday

hello curious happy friends! and happy friday. the happy week posts are just brilliant and I am hopeful that this little project has spread warmth farther than we can imagine. I love it. for those of you who are reading, not posting, take a look at tuesday's post for links to other happy week posters. they are amazing.

I was all set to write about how grateful I was to get 8 full hours of uninterrupted sleep at the hotel in richmond (no dogs, etc.). while this still makes me happy, what made me happier was coming home.

I am always taken aback by how much I love being home. the endless rustle of three dogs who can't seem to settle down all at once; the presence of the person I share my life with, going about his evening, pausing to gently touch my back or kiss the top of my head, laughing softly at my stories; the comfortable familiarity of my bed, my kitchen, my yard: these are the things that make me happy. they serve as the backdrop of my life; often unnoticed, sometimes annoying, always there. happy.