Tuesday, February 10, 2009

take a bath


not my bath. yet. (living, etc.)

yesterday, beautiful kendalee prompted us to think about daily rituals and everyday moments that bring us comfort, pleasure and inspiration. I love reading the comments to see how others find a wee bit of escape during the busy day. it also made me focus and appreciate all the little things I do every day that bring me certain joy...coffee, blogging, photographing, dog kisses, sitting outside at sunset, that moment when I turn out the light and melt into the bed...

my most persistent ritual has to be a bath. I get the water super hot and pour or drop in something lovely smelling. I can lie there for hours. my muscles unwind, my thoughts drift, a corgi face hangs over the edge and those eyes quiz, "why is it that you like it so much in there?"